Batter mixture Pancakes
For the Pancake mixture, we need:
220g/8oz plain flour
pinch of salt
1 pint of milk
Makes about 8 pancakes
How to make Pancakes
- Put the eggs in a bowl.
- Add some salt and whisk.
- Gradually add small quantities of the milk, still whisking.
- Start to add the flour, little by little.
- Continue whisking until the batter is smooth, with the consistency of thin cream.
- Melt the 50g/2oz of butter in a non-stick frying pan. Pour batter into the frying pan.
- Make sure the non-stick frying pan is really hot before adding about 2 tbsp of the batter mixture.
- As soon as the batter hits the hot pan, tip the pan around from side to side to get the base evenly coated with batter.
Pancake in frying pan:
- Wait until the upper part of the pancake is dry.
- Carefully lift the edge of the cooked pancake with a palette knife to see if it’s tinged gold as it should be.
- Flip the pancake over with a pan slice or palette knife to cook the other side
- Slide it out of the pan onto a plate.
- Stack the pancakes as you make them between sheets of greaseproof paper on a plate.
Eat your pancake with:
Sugar, jam, icing sugar, chocolate paste, sweet milk, honey etc.